"are there any characters you don’t headcanon as queer?”
why would i want to do a thing like that
yeah let’s keep on eroticizing homosexuality it’s such a blast
you hear that guys I a queer person am fetishizing queer people by desperately searching for representation in a world where I have pretty much none why didn’t any of you guys tell me
i hate crying in front of people so if i have ever cried in front of you, yes it does kinda mean you’re important but mostly it means it was a terrible accident that i will regret forever
Gosh I’ve spent like two days trying to think of something good and failing so, here’s random five pieces of life advice instead:
- No matter who you are or how old you might be: take a first aid/CPR class. Or if you don’t have the access, look for online training about emergency response. All of us wanted to grow up to be superheroes, but the real difference between being a bystander and saving someone’s life is recognizing when to act.
- Similarly, know that the symptoms of a heart attack are different in cis women. Movies and TV almost exclusively show cis male victims because they can’t show bare breasts. Related: YOU NEED TO REMOVE BRAS before using an AED - it if has an underwire it will burn the shit out of the person’s chest.
- If you are washing glass items, rinse them with extremely hot water and then let them air dry inverted to avoid water spots.
- Baking soda is one of the most useful things you can keep in your place. For sixty-nine cents, you can use it to deoderize a fridge or freezer, make a paste with water to scour gross stuff off a surface, or in a pinch, toss on a small grease fire to extinguish it.
- If you want your pasta to be awesome, first heat up six quarts of water to a boil - THEN add 3Tbsp of kosher salt. Let it boil again, then cook the noodles as directed.
Alphonse Elric cosplay.
Cosplay by Sveneld; photography by Pugoffka-sama.
I have no words to express how absolutely awesome this is.
Queerbaiting hurts because it’s just authors fucking mocking you for daring to hope that queer subtext might lead to explicit canon queer characters but “nope no representation for you you silly queers it might make cishet people uncomfortable and we value them more”
The Five(ish) Masters part two.
(Seven(ish)? Do Yana and Shalka count at all?)
Oh my gosh, these are just too great <3. Thank you!! And yes, Yana and Shalka totally count, and are probably feeling ignored by these three Masters (I love that they stole their Doctors’ coats!) And the crispies who can’t keep up haha!
get the fuck out of here ya hangnail
What the actual fuck?
Uh. Do you, like, actually realize that Guiuliano and Marco were written as a gay couple in “The Mask of Mandragora,” a Four-era serial? Or that the writer of “Survival” has gone on record saying that she deliberately put in lesbian subtext between Ace and Karra, which fans have noticed for ages? Or that there were legions of queer people working on the series, including John Nathan-Turner, the longest-serving producer, and Waris Hussein, who directed “An Unearthly Child”? Or that Eight is mentioned as being bisexual in at least one novel and had two canonically queer companions in the comics—a lesbian woman (Izzy) and a butch bi woman (Fey). In fact, Eight’s audios in general are pretty queer, particularly where C’riss is involved.
And I’m not even going to go into how the Doctor/Master side of the fandom is almost as old as Kirk/Spock and how articles about it appeared in Doctor Who Magazine way before RTD or Moffat got near the show.
Sorry, buddy. Queers have always been in ur precious franchise queering it up; they’ve just been a little more obvious since 2005 and Jack Harkness.
Don’t even start with me and how Classic Who was zomg properly heterosexual until the dirty homos ruined it. You will lose.
Also, why would the time period of a series impede my ability to write head canons for it
Yo it’s television not the ten fucking commandments
It’s not set in stone